Grade Changes

When students believe that a final grade has been miscalculated, they should ask the professor to review the matter. This request must be made within 30 days of the end of the semester to which the grade in question applies. If a grade change is warranted, the professor will report the new grade to the Registrar. No grade change will be accepted after 30 days unless authorized by an Academic Dean.

The basis for a grade change request can only be the miscalculation of a grade. Requests for an increase in grade for the sole purpose of student eligibility for academic honors, scholarships, financial aid, Rome participation, or for graduation, or to prevent probation, suspension, or dismissal for academic deficiencies, will not be accepted. Except in unusual circumstances and only with prior approval of the Dean, students may not request or provide additional work for the purpose of increasing a grade after the final grade has been submitted to the Registrar.

If students wish to appeal the professor’s decision, or if students are unable to contact the professor, they may submit a written request for a review by the appropriate Academic Dean. This request must be filed within 30 days of the end of the semester. The Dean or Dean’s designee will then talk with the student and professor and will attempt to resolve the dispute about the grade. Failing such a resolution, the professor’s grade will stand.